Full Time UAV/sUAS Flight Operator Pilot in Charge IREX rated – Canberra, ACT
Your responsibilities include:
- Undertake RPAS Pilot in Command activities for commercial flight delivery operations in conjunction with Wing Aviation Australia.
- Operations of a UAS Traffic Management system.
- Interpret and convey weather forecasts (METAR and TAF forecasts).
- Interpret and convey airspace/airport information and NOTAMs safely to airspace and aviation requirements, including potential communication with external airspace users.
- Ensure effective communications between stakeholders including Hover UAV management & Wing personnel.
- Comply with all training and procedures, including but not limited to flight operations, ground operation, WH&S and observation duties.
- Site preparations including handling and movement of aircraft.
- Shift work.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and are able to communicate with air traffic effectively.
- The ability to work accurately and unsupervised, and the ability to prioritise work as required.
- This position requires significant flexibility as technology and delivery windows change, both in adapting skills and time of day worked.
- Good computer skills including G-Suite
- Be able to work in small dynamic teams and a constantly changing environment.
Qualifications required for Pilot in Charge – IREX Rated
- Current IREX Qualifications.
- Demonstrated knowledge and previous experience operating RPAS.
- Be in possession of a remote pilot license (RePL) in the small category (multi-copter up to 7Kg) or be able to obtain one.
This role is based in Canberra ACT. Hover UAV operates through Australia and overseas, this is an exciting opportunity join both an industry and company that will experience a rapid growth and opportunities in the next few years.
If you are interested in this new & exciting career apply below.
Closing date 22nd January 2020.