Full Time UAV/sUAS Flight Operator Pilot in Charge IREX rated – Canberra, ACT
Your responsibilities include:
- Undertake RPAS Suas Flight Operator activities for commercial flight delivery operations in conjunction with Wing Aviation Australia.
- Monitoring the conduct of their assigned aircraft, the flight area, weather and taking appropriate action in accordance with established procedures to ensure safe flight operations.
- Interpret and convey weather forecasts (METAR and TAF forecasts).
- Interpret and convey airspace/airport information and NOTAMs safely to airspace and aviation requirements, including potential communication with external airspace users.
- Ensure effective communications between stakeholders including Hover UAV management & Wing personnel.
- Comply with all training and procedures, including but not limited to flight operations, ground operation, WH&S and observation duties.
- Site preparations including handling and movement of aircraft.
- Shift work.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and are able to communicate with air traffic effectively.
- Open minded and willing to work with leading technological idea to operate a highly autonomous aircraft
- The ability to work accurately and unsupervised, and the ability to prioritise work as required.
- This position requires significant flexibility as technology and delivery windows change, both in adapting skills and time of day worked.
- Good computer skills including G-Suite
- Be able to work in small dynamic teams and a constantly changing environment.
Qualifications required for Pilot in Charge – IREX Rated
- IREX (Theory) Qualifications – *Does not need to be current
- Be in possession of a remote pilot license (RePL) or be able to obtain one.
This role is based in Canberra ACT. Hover UAV operates through Australia and overseas, this is an exciting opportunity join both an industry and company that will experience a rapid growth and opportunities in the next few years.
If you are interested in this new & exciting career apply below.
Closing date 11th February 2020.